Friday, September 18, 2009

Stratford upon Avon

This past Monday on the way home from London, we stopped in Stratford upon Avon! This is the birthplace of William Shakespeare! We did not have a lot of time to walk around, but we were able to take a tour of his house and grab something for lunch. His house of course was small, and very old, but they preserved it very nicely. They had blueprints and pictures of the house throughout the years and you can see how much it has changed and what it originally looked liked. They also had a guest book, which I and some others, signed. They had and old guest book on display also, and when I say old I mean, the original. Thomas Jefferson and John Adams signed it, and were the first two to have. When you leave William's house, you exit through the back and there is a beautiful garden with many different colorful flowers, and an unusual tree. The tree was tall, with a wide area of leaves that was flat on the top. It protruded to one side also, and was one of the parts of the garden that of course stood out. After you walk through the garden you enter the gift shop...which I bought a few small things.

After we visited William's house, we went to have lunch, and then two other girls and I went to have ice cream. I got vanilla soft serve with a flake, which is chocolate that sticks out the side of the ice cream. Really tasty.

We arrived back in Newcastle early in the evening and I didn't even unpack, I just set up my internet so I could finally get online!

Well, I'm off to Alnwick on Saturday! And then lots of freshers events! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment