Saturday, October 3, 2009

Scotland Continued

I had to restart my computer, so I decided to just post the last entry without finishing so I wouldn't have to retype all that. So, the mountain was extremely windy and when Jenn and I caught up to the rest of the group at the top, the view was amazing. Edinburgh surrounded us, as well as the North Sea. We could see forever. We were so high up that birds were flying below us. We snapped some photos, and started to climb down. We made it almost to the bottom when for some reason we decided to take a route through a thistle forest, an awful idea, don't ever try it. We turned around and went a different way, and this is when I slipped and started sliding down the side of the mountain, also grabbing a thistle bush along the way! Really embarrassing, but funny anytime I think about it.

It was after sunset by the time we were completly down from the mountain, and we went to find a place to eat dinner. We ended up at a pub which had excellent food, and then we headed back to the bed and breakfast. Kelly and I enjoyed some tea (for me) and coffee (Kelly) and chatted for a bit with ourselves and then with our other roommate. The next day I had egg, bacon and toast for breakfast then we left Edinburgh and stopped in a coastal England town called Lindisfarne. We toured the castle and the priory, which were smaller than others but still really nice, and had some lunch. We walked down to the beach at one point, and mixed amongst the stones and shells were tons and tons of sea glass! I was really excited when Rita told me about this because back home I always look for sea glass on the beach and rarely find it. So I took a bunch with me.

We made it back to Newcastle around five or six in the evening, and had time to relax and prepare for the first day of classes. Edinburgh was a great city that is old with history and authenticity, and very pretty. We had a great weekend.

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kate,
    Love the pictures, Big Ben is awesome, not sure about the pic with you and a drink! New Castle looks like a really pretty town.
    Love MOM

    ReplyDelete